Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 34: No More!

I went to see my doctor today, Dr. Chad Edwards, and he told me, " no more"! No more wheat or gluten products. I had a test done about a month ago and the results showed that I have an intolerance to Gliadins. Gliadins are polypeptides found in wheat, rye, oat, barley and other grain glutens, and are toxic to the intestinal mucosa in people that test positive. I tested positive. Dr. Edwards told me that I should never have gluten or wheat agian, even when I decided to have a cheat day from Paleo. He said that if I do choose to eat something containing gluten again, I will probably feel pretty lousy for several days. I can't remember how many days he said that it would take to get the gluten out of my body, but it was several days! This is definitely going to be a challenge! This is going to take a lot of will power on my part, and I'll be praying lots too!

FYI: a little something about my doctor, Chad Edwards, if you are in the market for a doctor, you should check him out. You can go to his website, http://drchadedwards.com/ and see what he is all about. He is big on exercise and diet before pills. He does CrossFit and encourages a Paleo diet. I'm really glad I found him, and you will be too, just check him out!

Exercise today: 50 squats, 50 sit ups and 25 push ups. Not much but it is something, and that's all it takes, just get up and move a little when you have the time.

Food:
Breakfast: banana and cashew butter
Lunch: roasted turkey, cooked carrots, salad, fresh fruit
Snack: apple
Dinner: meatloaf, mash cauliflower, zucchini, and salad
Cup of coffee and cup of tea, both with honey and cream

Once again, I'm making or should I say staying with a change that I've already made. Looks like Paleo is here to stay! Until tomorrow, goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment