Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 54: Already Blown Lent!

OK, so you know I said that I was going to give up the "I can’t attitude for Lent"? Well, I already blew it. Today I was going to do the 7 minutes of burpee’s to practice for the CrossFit Games and to help me decide if I was even going to sign up for the games. Well, after only 3 Burpee’s I thought that I was going to die! How the heck can I compete in the CrossFit games if I can’t do more than 3 before I’m ready to quit? OMG, how did that little girl do over 120 in 7 minutes on that video? I’m such a competitive person and I HATE to loose and I definitely know that I would NOT do very well if I participate, so I’ve made my decision. I’m going to wait until next year and see if I’ve improved enough to try and not come in last! I did go on to complete a total of 10 burpees before I totally gave up. The remainder of my workout consisted of: 50 sit ups, 50 push ups, and 50 squats. Since I donated blood this past weekend I just haven’t been up to par on my exercise routine, so I’ve decided to take it slow and easy just like the tortoise.
Food for the day:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and bacon
Lunch: Tuna salad, fresh veggies and grapes and strawberries
Dinner: Spicy Rubbed Salmon, grilled butternut squash and tossed salad
No snacking today, Yea!
Yes, you can gain weight eating Paleo and I’ve got to start watching the amount of snacking I’m doing, and hold off on making anymore cookies for a few weeks!
Spicy Rub
1TBSP Chili powder
1TBSP Coconut sugar (I’m not sure if this is considered Paleo but I used it any way. You can find it a Reasor’s)
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp course ground pepper
½ tsp cumin
mis all ingredients well. Sprinkle on raw salmon, let set 30 minutes before cooking. Wrap salmon in foil and either grill or bake in 350 degree oven until it flakes when tested with a fork
 
Grilled Butternut Squash
Peel lice and see a butternut squash. Slice in ½ inch slices, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Grill covered for 15 minutes then turn and grill another 15 minutes or until soft.
I hope that your family will enjoy these recipes! Until tomorrow, goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment