Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 42: Happy Birthday to my Hubby!

Today was my husbands birthday and I didn't want him to miss out on a dessert, so I made him a Paleo brownie that was made with sweet potatoes, (recipe below) and they were tasty! Since I'm still on vacation, I didn't exercise today, and I took it easy. I love being on vacation!

Food for the day:
Breakfast: Paleo blueberry pancakes
Lunch: Steak, sweet potato and salad
Dinner: Baked chicken, zucchini fritters, salad
Dessert: Sweet potato brownie

Blueberry pancakes

2 cups Almond flour
4 eggs
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
3 TBSP honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup blueberries

Mix all wet ingredients together, add dry ingredients mixing well. Add blueberries. Cook using coconut oil

Sweet Potato Brownies

1 baked sweet potato, remove peel after cooking
3 eggs whisked
1/4 c melted coconut oil
1/3 c honey
1/2 dark chocolate chips
3 TBSP Coconut flour
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash sweet potato in a mixing bowl. Add all wet ingredients together with the sweet potato. Then add all the dry ingredients, except nuts and chips. Stir well then add nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into an 8x8 glass baking dish. Bake for 23-35 minutes. Enjoy!

I've enjoyed spending time with my husband today, watching movies and just relaxing together. Tomorrow is another day of relaxing, so until tomorrow, goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment