Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 38: Recipes

As promised yesterday, I have a couple of Paleo recipes for you

Waffles
1 c Almond flour
4 eggs
1/4tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla
2 TPSP honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon

In a bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients until well blended. Then add dry ingredients and whisk until blended well. Spray your waffle maker with non-stick spray (I use Olive Oil Srpay) Pour about 1/2 c batter onto your waffle maker. Close lid. I have a Belgium waffle maker so after pouring in the batter and closing the lid, I turn the maker over and cook on one side for a minute then rotate back to the upright position and continue cooking until done. When done, top with your favorite topping. Very good with sliced bananas, chopped pecans and a little Maple syrup.


Corn Dogs
3c Almond Flour
4 TBSP butter
1 tsp honey
2 eggs

Put ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until forms a ball. Seperate into 2 balls and place in the fridg until chilled. At least 10 minutes. When chilled roll 1 ball at a time between parchment paper. Cut into wedges. Roll an all beef, nitrate free hot dog in each wedge. I found this a little difficult and used my fingers to wrap pieces of the dough around the dog as it feel off. I covered each hot dog completely with dough. Place on a baking sheet and cook in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until dough looks done.

I hope that you will enjoy these recipes as much as my family did.

Now food I had today:
Breakfast: nut and fruit bar (made with dates, dried cherries, almonds, pecans, coconut oil and coconut flakes)
Lunch: last of the butternut squash soup and a salad
Dinner: salad with, mixed greens, celery, green onions, tomatoe, avacado,pumpkins seeds, crasians and chicken.
Snack: 4 strawberries with melted dark chocolate chips

No exercise today as this was my first day back to work after being sick all weekend. Played catch up at work so it was a very hectic day, then after dinner we went grocery shopping that we didn't get to do this weekend. I was literally gone all day from 630 this morning until 5pm then dinner then off again and back home for the night at 900. I'm pooped! Time for bed, so until tomorrow, goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment