Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 50: Cheat Day

Today, I choose to have some cheats from my Paleo lifestyle. I really feel this is OK as long as I don't do it every day. So far during my last 50 day journey, I've only had a handful of cheats. For breakfast today I had a fruit and nut bar along with an Advocare Spark drink, then for lunch I made Paleo chicken enchiladas, guacamole and homemade salsa with plantain chips. After lunch we went to the mall and I shared a frappachinno from StarBucks. For dinner I made a taco salad and had the left over guacamole and salsa this time I ate tortilla chips with my salad. So I had 2 cheats for the day, the coffee and the chips! Today was a day of rest from exercising, but walking around the mall was exercise enough!

Guacamole
3 ripe avacados
1/2 bunch chopped Cilantro
1 chopped jalapeƱo pepper seeded
1/4 c chopped purple onion
1/4 c chopped tomato
Garlic powder to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/2 a lemon or lime

Cut avacado's in half, discard seed. Scoop out avacado, place on a cutting board. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. With a fork, mash avacoda mixing in the seasonings. Add the remaining ingredients, except lemon/lime, mix well. Taste to see if you need to add more seasonings. Then squeeze the juice of lemon or lime over the mixture stir well, serve with tortilla chips or plantain chips.

Salsa
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic

In a food processor chop cilantro with garlic. Add Rotel tomatoes and tomato sauce, Process again. Serve with tortilla chips or plantain chips. Salsa taste like fresh made

Paleo Chicken Enchaladas
Cooked chicken breast chopped
1 can chopped green Chili's
1/2 c chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin seeds crushed
Enchaladas sauce
Steamed cabbage leaves

Mix chicken, Chili's, onions, salt and cumin seeds together. Add a small amount of the Enchaladas sauce mixing well. Pour a small amount of enchalada sauce in the baking dish you are going to be using. Take a steamed cabbage leaf pour a small amount of sauce all over the leaf, place a small amount of chicken mixture in the cabbage leaf, roll up, place in the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the cabbage leaves and chicken mixture. When all the leaves are wrapped and placed in the baking dish, pour the remainder of the Enchaladas sauce over the top. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for Bout 30-45 minutes.

Hope you enjoy these recipes that you can add to your Paleo collection. Until tomorrow, good night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment