Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 44: Busy Day

Today was such a busy day, trying to get a lot done before I have to go back to work on Wednesday. Even though I was on the go all day, I still didn't get everything I needed to done, but I have one day left of my vacation so hopefully I'll be able to accomplish the rest tomorrow.

Food for the day:
Breakfast: in a cast iron skillet, I cooked shredded sweet potato and zucchini with onions in olive oil. When they were cooked half way through, I made little wells and added an egg. (made 4 wells). Then I sprinkled with garlic powder and pepper and put in the oven for about 30 minutes. My eggs were a little more done than I like but they were cooked to my families likings. When done, I place a handful of spinach on a plate and topped the spinach with some potato and egg, drizzled a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top

Lunch: chicken on leaf lettuce with a little mayo and mustard and purple onion, and plantain chips

Snack: fruit and nut bar

Dinner: Cornish hens with parsnips and salad. Peel and slice parsnips, put in a baking dish place the cornish hens on top of the parsnips. I juiced one orange and to the juice I added 1/4 c honey. Pour this over the Cornish hens then sprinkled garlic powder, pepper and rosemary on top. Cover with foil and cook for one hour at 350 degrees, then remove foil and cook an additional 30 minutes.

I hope you enjoy these recipes. Until tomorrow, goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment