Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 47: Spring Cleaning Anyone?

If you are trying to follow a Paleo lifestye, and you haven't cleaned out your pantry or refrigerator, try to make time this weekend to do so, it will make your life so much easier. I found that when I got rid of the items that I shouldn't eat, the temptation was gone and so following the Paleo lifestyle was easier. Make sure to read the labels on items you have in the refrigerator to make sure they are free of the items you shouldn't eat like gluten or wheat and especially CORN SYRUP! Trust me, you will be glad you do this!

Exercise today: we took our dogs for about a mile trott, not running yet not walking, so I would call it trotting! Then when we got home I did 100 sit ups and 100 back extensions.

Food for the day:
Breakfast: paleo blueberry pancake with almond butter
Snack: pumpkin seeds
Lunch: taco salad without chips or cheese, guacamole and salsa with plantain chips
Snack: apple
Dinner: grilled hamburger steak, grilled portobello mushrooms, sweet potato fries and spinach salad with green onions and strawberries, olive oils and balsamic vinegar dressing

I got some new Almond flour today that is "natural" almond flour. It has the dark covering of the almond ground up with it. I'm hoping that it works in my recipes as well as the last flour I ordered did. I thought that I was ordering the same type but when it arrived I noticed it was different. I'll be letting you know how it works for me. Until tomorrow, goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment