Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 52: What to give up for Lent

Tomorrow is the day you are suppose to give up something for Lent! You do this for 40 days. Well, for the last 52 days I've given up wheat, sugar, pop, you name it, if it's bad for you I've given it up. So what can I give up for Lent? I think I'll try to give up speaking negative things! I'll try to only speak words of encouragement, and have the attitude of I CAN, not I can't! How's that for giving up something for lent?

Food:
Breakfast: Advocare Spark drink and a cookie:)
Snack: pumpkin seeds
Lunch: NOT Paleo baked potato, with butter, sour cream, chili, cheesy broccoli and two more cookies (FYI: I took the cookies to work today for the luncheon we had so the are all GONE!)
Snack: apple
Dinner: baked breaded flounder, squash fries, salad and a little left over cabbage with bacon

Breaded Baked Flounder
Take some almond flour and season with, garlic powder, pepper, and red pepper mixing to distribute seasoning through flour. In another dish, take an egg, a little cream and a dash of Tobassco sauce, mix vigorously. Dip flounder in egg mixture, then in the flour mixture coating well. Place on a baking dish, baking in a 350 degree oven until coating is golden

Butternut Squash Fries
Butternut squash
Sea salt

Slice squash into fries, place on a baking sheet, sprinkle with sea salt, bake in a 425 degree oven. When fries start to brown they are done.

Note: theses fries shrink. I thought that I had enough on my baking sheet because they were crowded when I put them on but they shrunk so we didn't have a lot to share. Next time I'll know! These fries were very good, a little chewy but had a very good flavor. I will definitely make these again, but next time I'll make sure to make more!

Today my husband and I went for a walk for my exercise. I had a busy day at work, so I wasn't really up to doing a tough exercise workout, there's always tomorrow for that! Until tomorrow, goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment