Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 107: Curry Chicken Salad

Curry Chicken Salad is one of my families most favorite quick dinners. I usually start with the chicken breast off a store bought roasted chicken, saving the rest of the chicken and the bones to make a soup. Dice the chicken breast until finely chopped. To the diced chicken I add 1 chopped apple (I like Pink Ladies) 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 cup craisins, 1 cup chopped nuts, 1 tablespoon curry powder, salt and pepper to taste, and then about 1 cup mayo. Mix everything together. If
Mixture is too dry add more Mayo. I use store bought Mayo made with Olive oil. This chicken salad is great on a Paleo coconut wrap.

So for dinner, you guessed it, we had the Curry Chicken Salad on coconut wraps with sweet potato chips. For lunch I had a salad with grilled chicken, boiled eggs, fresh fruit and Ranch dressing, and for breakfast I had scrambled eggs on a Paleo coconut wrap.

Crossfit Primus' workout was intense! Fran was the workout! Fran is 21, 15, 9 of thrusters and pull ups. You do it for time, I just can't remember mine. I know it was around 7 minutes! I'm sore! We were in the new gym and man was it ever sweet! We had room to spread out. I'm so happy for Sean and Courtney and the work they are doing to make sure we all stay fit. Keep up the good work kids! I love you both!

Tomorrow will be my rest day from
Crossfit, but I'll be raring to go on Wednesday. If you are trying to follow a Paleo lifestyle, keep strong and encourage one another! We all need the support. Until tomorrow, goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment