Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 108: The Tick Tack Downfall!

Today was a good Paleo day until the Tick Tack downfall! For breakfast I made a very hearty dish with sausage, onions, bell pepper, and sweet potatoes. After sautéing until tender I cracked eggs over the mixture, put a lid on and steamed the eggs. Very tasty and filling! Held me over until lunch. For lunch George came by and took me to Ghangis Grill where I had lots of meats and veggies, NO rice or noodles and a gluten free sauce. Another tasty meal! I had a few mixed nuts and craisins for a snack and then it happened! The Tick Tack Downfall! I was leaving one hospital to go to another and put one little innocent Tick Tack in my mouth! It was fruit flavored and tasted so good that I ate another and another and another until I realized I had eaten the entire pack, but it didn't stop there. I had another pack in my purse and you guessed it, I ate that entire pack too! WHY? Why couldn't I show self control? This is definitely something I need to spend major time on, learning self control! I did manage to get back on track for dinner. I made a grilled lemon butter dill Salmon, mixed veggies and a spinach salad. Better for me than the Tick Tacks!

Today was a rest day from Crossfit, but back to the gym tomorrow! I will once again try to eat Paleo and no more Tick Tacks! 5am comes awfully early, so until then, goodnight and God Bless!

Lemon Dill Salmon
Salmon Filet
Butter
Dill weed
Salt, pepper and garlic powder
Lemon
Soften butter, and rub all over Salmon filet. Sprinkle salmon with seasonings generously with the dill weed. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over the salmon. Slice the lemon in slices and place on top of the salmon. Wrap in foil and grill until flakes with a fork. About 15-25 minutes depending upon how hot your grill is.

No comments:

Post a Comment