Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 118: Paleo + Crossfit + Advocare = Happy Me!

A year ago at this time I weighed about 170 pounds and I wasn't happy with myself. My daughter was getting married August 6th and I knew I didn't want to look as fat as I was. I started eating a Paleo diet occasionally (off more than on) and did loose a little weight by the wedding date, but in the pictures I still looked FAT! I still wasn't happy! Enter Crossfit! I started going to Crossfit as often as I could at my son and daughter-in-laws gym. I live in Glenpool and the gym is in Owasso, a 45 minute drive and a little out of the way. Needless to say I didn't get to go a lot, but I did try to do a Crossfit workout at home. Enter Paleo diet (on more than off)! I decided that my New Years Resolution was going to be to eat a Paleo diet more on than off and go totally gluten free. Enter the Advocare Nutrition Challenge! January 2, Primus Crossfit in Owasso did a nutrition challenge using Advocare 24 day weight loss challenge. I decided that this would be good to try and give my Paleo diet a jump start. Here are the results:

Date Jan 2. Feb 8. April 27
Wt. 153.5. 150. 143
Ht. 5'6 1/2"
% body fat. 40.5% 33%. 32%
R arm. 13". 13". 11.75"
Shoulders. 43". 43". 43"
Chest. 42.5. 40". 40"
Waist. 35". 34". 32.5"
Hips. 41". 40". 38"
R thigh. 25". 23". 21.5"
R calf. 15". 14". 13.75"
Pant size. 12. 10. 6 :)

My job now takes me to Owasso 2-3 times a week so I've been going to Crossfit those days, I still use some Advocare products, especially the Spark energy drink and I try to eat mostly a Paleo diet and I do NOT eat any wheat or gluten food items! I plan on keeping this lifestyle from now on. If you would like to learn more about Crossfit go to: http://www.crossfitprimus.com/
and check it out. If you want to learn more about Advocare products , just let me know as my daughter and daughter-in-law both are Advocare consultants, and if you want to know more about a Paleo lifestyle, I encourage you to read "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf or "The Paleo Answer" by Loren Cordain. If you want encouragement in any of these areas, just message me as it is great to have a support group and I will gladly help out in any way I possibly can! I hope that if you aren't already following a healthy lifestyle that you will starting today! Until tomorrow goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment