Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 17: Temptation

From the minute I step into work until the minute I get home, there is temptation all around me. When I got to work, in the break room there were donuts, (thank God I really don’t like donuts)
chocolate covered pretzels (yes I love these) and, peanut M&M’s, who wouldn’t enjoy a crunchy, sensation now and then? For lunch they serve crap food, lasagna, chicken fried steak, and sweet & sour chicken with eggroll. Thank God, I have access to a salad bar every day when there is nothing to eat. I could have easily got a hamburger and glorious onion rings or a sandwich. See what I mean? Temptation! I stayed strong and ate the salad bar with chicken, mandarin oranges, grapes and strawberries. Another temptation I was faced with during the day was whether to exercise or not. The only temptation I gave into tonight was to NOT exercise. I remember Sean telling a class that you don’t have to work out everyday, so I choose not to today! I have thousands of excuses, such as I have a fine itchy rash on my arms and stomach that’s driving me bonkers, the Benadryl I took for my itchy rash is making me sluggish, and Georgia is sick and I have to take care of my baby. Yes she is 19, but she is still my baby! Motivation is LOW today! Between being Miss Piggy yesterday and no motivation today, I’m starting to worry about myself. I really wish we lived a lot closer to Owasso!
At least today I did eat better.
Food for the day:
Breakfast: banana & cashew butt
Lunch: salad
Snack: pumpkin seed and an apple
Dinner: Left over steak, sweet potato fries and salad
I’d say this is better than yesterday. I feel satisfied and I didn’t give into any food temptations. I know this is a one day at a time process and I haven’t really missed not having certain foods (yet), and I’m have way through the month. Yea! I might not be where I want to be with my exercise program, and food intake, but I’m making progress. It may be slow progress, but progress is progress no matter how you look at it! Until tomorrow, Goodnight and God Bless!

I just noticed I had 2 Day 15's.  Miss Piggy was really Day 16!  Sometimes I loose track of the days even when I have a calendar, plus at work I'm a day behind so yesterday to me was really the 15th.  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment