Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6: Keeping it real!

I couldn't get motivated to exercise today, I was too tired!  After work I had several errands to run then the dreaded Walmart.  Walmart is one of the most tiring things to do.  If you think about it, it is a workout all of it's own.  You fight a cart that wants to go the opposite direction than you want it to, you do squats when you need something from a bottom shelf, you stand on your toes and reach over your head to get something on the top shelf, your cart gets heavier and harder to manage because it still wants to go the opposite direction than you want.  Finally after at least 30 minutes in the store fighting with the cart, you get to stand in line another 30 minutes because they think that one checker is enough.  Then you finally reach the cashier and get to unload your basket.  After they've put your groceries in the sacks you get to lift weights by putting them in the basket, then lift the groceries into the car then lifting them again when you take them out of the car to carry them into the house.  This is a workout, maybe not a CrossFit workout, but still a workout.  I'm just keeping it real!

Food today:
Breakfast:  Paleo pancake with almond butter and 1/2 a banana
Snack:  pumpkin seeds
Lunch:  Leftover Paleo pizza and salad
Dinner:  Curry Chicken Salad lettuce wraps ( recipe below) with sweet potato chips  OK, I know that sweet potato chips aren't Paleo, but I ate them anyway, and I like it!  I'm just keeping it real!

Curry Chicken Salad

2 cooked chicken breast chopped (I purchase a Walmart baked chicken, use the breast and save the rest for another meal later
1/2 chopped purple onion
1 small apple (your choice)
1 cup craisins
1 cup chopped nuts
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 to 1 cup olive oil mayo

Mix all the ingredients together adding small amounts of mayo until you'v got the amount of mayo you desire.  Serve in a lettuce leaf.  This recipe has been a favorite of my family before I started Paleo.

Well, I've stayed up much longer than I wanted, because my computer messed up in the middle of the blog, I got mad and had to walk away from it, I watched a movie with my daughter and her boyfriend and finally got the computer to work again.  Until tomorrow, or actually now later today, goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment