Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3: Biggest Loser

I watched the Biggest Loser tonight and I don't know if I feel encouraged, because the contestants were so motivated to not get voted out, or if I felt discouraged because in one week, they averaged loosing 7 pounds, and I haven't even seen 1 pound difference in my weight loss.  I'm not sure if the fact that they are soooooo over weight that it is easier for them to loose the weight at first, or if it was all just water weight, either way, I want to be that motivated in this little endeavor of mine.

Food for the day:
Breakfast: bacon, onion, and spinach omelete
Lunch:  3 oz roast beef, cooked baby carrots, and a tossed salad with olive oil and Balsamic vinegar
Snack on the way home from work: Pink Lady apple (I love these apples)
Dinner:  Pizza,  yes you read correctly, I had PIZZA! Of course it was Paleo and it was rather tasty!  I got the recipe from the Everyday Paleo website.  It has a different texture than regular pizza and didn't have the yeast taste and any of the cheese, but I will definitely make this recipe again.  I did have a little bit of the apple crisp left over from last night with a little coconut milk poured over it.  Apple Crisp is now all gone, thanks to the family finishing it off.

Crossfit workout for the day:  "Annie".  "Annie" looks innocent enough but boy can she kick butt.  The "Annie" consist of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 of double unders and sit ups.  What is a double under you say?  It is jumping rope but bringing the rope around twice before your feet touch the ground.  (I don't think so!)  Maybe when I was 10, but not now that I'm in my 50's, so once again the workout was scaled down, or should I say scaled up.  Since I can't do the double unders, they triple the original number and have you do singles, so I actually did 150, single jump ropes, 50 sit ups, 120 jump ropes, 40 sit ups, 90 jump ropes, 30 sit ups, 40 jump ropes, 20 sit ups, 20 jump ropes, 10 sit ups.  What did I tell you?  "Annie" kicks butt!  I'm debating if I want to go exercise in the morning before work or after I get off.  I really don't want to do either but I've got to keep that Biggest Loser mentality and just do it!  Until tomorrow, Good night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment