Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 8: A Day of Rest

It was only a day of rest from exercise, not anything else. I still had to do the wife/mother duties such as making sure I have everything ready for the work week, clean clothes, cook etc. but all and all I had a pretty peaceful day.

Food for the day:
Breakfast: I was sinful, I ate one of the Paleo brownies I made last night, 1/2 a banana, and a glass of coconut milk. I know how to start the day off right!
Lunch: Baked salmon, I put fresh squeezed lemon juice and lots of dried garlic then I covered it with foil and cooked about 30 minutes. I also had zucchini sliced drizzled with olive oil with a little sea salt and rosemary. I cooked it uncovered the same time I cooked the salmon. I served this with a leaf lettuce salad with purple onions, yellow squash, radish and olives with an olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I'm not really a fish person, but the family is, and they loved it so I guess it was good.
Snack: apple
Dinner: chicken lettuce sandwich and mushroom soup. If you give me a baked chicken from Walmart, I can do wonders. I used the breast off the chicken a couple of days ago and made curry chicken salad, so I still had the legs and thighs leftover. I covered the chicken with good clean water not tap water! Simmered the chicken for an hour took out all the chicken and bones. Added a tablespoon of sea salt and one chopped purple onion. I cooked that on medium heat until the onion was tender then I added a large container of sliced mushrooms and cooked them until the mushrooms were tender. I removed all the meat from the chicken bones I could and we made chicken sandwiches using lettuce as our bread and a bowl of mushroom soup. The soup was very good. Like I said give me a baked chicken from Walmart and I can do wonders! I make a really good tortilla soup with one, but I'll save that for later!

Well, it's getting late and I have to go to work tomorrow, and we sold one of our houses and closing is tomorrow, so off to bed for me! I won't be at CrossFitt tomorrow, so I'll be on my own for my workout. I haven't decided what I'll be doing but I'm sure I'll think of something. To all of you going to Crossfit, good luck and God speed! Until tomorrow, goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment