Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7: Let me hear a whoop, whoop!

Today at CrossFit I actually did a box jump on a box and it was 10" high! This is a mile stone for me! Let me hear a Whoop, whoop! Hopefully I will be able to go higher and higher until I meet the required height for a box jump, only time will tell. My workout today was a free for all! We got to choose what we did and work on areas that we needed to improve on. I started my workout with a 200 meter run, then I worked on my over head press, and dead lifts. Next I did the 50 box jumps and finished up with a 400 meter run.

Food today was mostly leftovers. Breakfast I had a paleo pancake with almond nut butter and banana. Snack some pumpkin seeds and a few dried cherries. Lunch I had some curry chicken salad on lettuce, guacamole and plantations chips. For dinner I made bacon, tomatoe, purple onion on leaf lettuce and beet chips. For a sweet treat, I made an awesome Paleo Brownie. It was so good! See recipe below.

Tomorrow is rest day for CrossFit and is going to be a lazy day around the house, but you need that type of a day occasionally. I've been able to stick to strictly paleo all week and am very impressed that I've been able to do it. One week down and lots more to go, but it seems to be getting a little easier as it goes on, this is doable! Until tomorrow, good night and God Bless!

Paleo Brownies

1 1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa Powder
2 Cups Almond Butter
1 tablespoon Vanilla
4oz Baker's German's Chocolate Bar melted
1 tsp Baking Soda



With an electric mixer, mix together, honey, eggs, almond butter,vanilla, and baking soda. Mix well. Add cocoa powder and melter German's chocolate. Blend well. Pour into a 9x12 baking pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, Do not over bake! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment