Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lunch Day 1

Lunch was very yummy! I made a hamburger but instead of a bun I used a portabella mushroom. It was a little messy, but oh so good!

I am already facing another challenge ahead of me tomorrow. I play Bunco with a group of ladies once a month and we take turns hosting this, and tomorrow is my time to be the hostess. We always eat dinner and have a dessert. I have decided that Chili is a safe Paleo dish, hold the beans please, and I can still set out cheese and crackers for the ladies. I'll just have to show self control! Dessert is another thing. In the past I've always made some fattening sugary dessert, but with Paleo you don't use sugar, flour, oats, etc. Here lies the problem, but I've been fortunate enough to find a Paleo recipe for an Apple Crisp. I'm going to serve it warm and offer vanilla ice cream to the ladies, and luckily I don't care for ice cream so it won't be a temptation to me. Maybe at this dinner tomorrow night I can challenge the other ladies to follow in my foot steps to start cooking Paleo dishes too! One can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment